Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How can I point the profile system to my database

How can I point the profile system to my database

arun@visrez.com

Can any one suggest me How can I point the profile system to my
database( not to the sql server express one)

Roger Helliwell

Hi,

In the <profile> element of your web.config, make sure you have a
<providers> element that is referencing your connection string.

For Example:

<connectionStrings>
<add name="MyConnectionStr"
connectionString="Server=foo;Database=bar;Persist Security Info=True"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>
<profile defaultProvider="PhoenixProfile">
<providers>
<add connectionStringName="MyConnectionStr" name="MyProfile"
AutomaticSaveEnabled="false" type="MyProfileProvider"/>
<properties>
<add name="LastName" type="System.String" defaultValue="" />
</properties>
</providers>

HTH,
Roger