Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > AJAX / ATLAS

AJAX / ATLAS

Rob Meade

Dear all,

I'm keen to try something new, and have a scenario where I would like to see
if a username has already been taken without reloading the entire page...

Having read a couple of articles online it would seem that Ajax.Net is
"ready to go" and easy to set up - where-as at the moment Atlas is a little
harder to integrate and get up to speed with.

I'm writing my application in .net 2.0 so could use either...I just thought
I'd see what people thought would be a good way forward.

Should I go with the simpler approach initially, get a feel for how it all
works and then maybe at a later stage move to Atlas, or should I just give
that a go right now?

Remember, this is for what I believe to be a "simple" task, ie, check a
database to see if the username has already been taken - there will be a
coupe of other situations where I will be doing similar tasks (checking if
an email address is already in use with an account etc) so the principle is
very similar.

What would you do?

Regards

Rob

Atlas and other Ajax libraries geekboy0001@yahoo.com ASP .Net 5 07-07-2006 04:15 PM
AJAX.net vs. Atlas darrel ASP .Net 8 03-28-2006 02:25 PM
AJAX and ATLAS, always ActiveX based? Edwin Knoppert ASP .Net 5 11-21-2005 06:09 PM
More on AJAX and Microsoft Atlas Kevin Spencer ASP .Net 4 08-18-2005 04:55 PM

Advertisments