Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > "System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready asp.net"

"System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready asp.net"

SystemDown

I have an ASP.NET application that works perfectly in its virtual
folder on IIS 6 (win2003). I made an exact copy of the app that points
to another database of the same type in a new website on the same
server with a different port number for training purposes. Everytime I
access the training app I get this error:

"System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready asp.net"

Apparently this occurs when the app tries to access the user defined
parameters in the web.config file. I tried putting the app in a sub
folder of the original website and I got the same error. All folders
have full access rights for "everyone".

I'm totally stumped right now and any help would be appriciated.

SkippyFire SkippyFire is offline
Junior Member

Are you using encryption or some sort of logging? Maybe you have an encryption key stored in a file somewhere... or a log file that doesn't exist... or some other type of input/output that is dependent on the environment?