Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Content Place Holder Width

Content Place Holder Width

Rene

I have a master page where I would like to be able to resize the width of
the ContentPlaceHolder.

Once the Content Place Holder control has the with that I want, I don't want
it to change even if the browser is resized.

Is it possible to accomplish this?

As far as I know, ContentPlaceHolder is just that - a placeholder for what
you decide to put in it. You determine the size via the CSS properties of the
containing DIV or PANEL that you eventually attach to it.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

"Rene" wrote:

> I have a master page where I would like to be able to resize the width of
> the ContentPlaceHolder.
>
> Once the Content Place Holder control has the with that I want, I don't want
> it to change even if the browser is resized.
>
> Is it possible to accomplish this?

Rene

Thanks Peter,

I started doing what you suggested and its working nicely, the only thing
that I don't like is that I have to basically use a Panel or Div on every
single page that uses the master page, this seems to defeat the purpose of
the master page.

If I was able to resize and set some properties (alignment, back color etc)
on the ContentPlaceHolder control, then I wouldn't need to add a Panel or
Div on each of the page that uses the master page, I could simply start
inserting controls straight up on the page... Oh well, no big deal.

I am still new to ASP so maybe I can do what I want using CSS like you
suggested and don't have to worry about setting Div or Panel properties ....
time to research some more.

Thanks.

"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As far as I know, ContentPlaceHolder is just that - a placeholder for what
> you decide to put in it. You determine the size via the CSS properties of
> the
> containing DIV or PANEL that you eventually attach to it.
> Peter

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> UnBlog:
> http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
>

> "Rene" wrote:
>
>> I have a master page where I would like to be able to resize the width of
>> the ContentPlaceHolder.
>>
>> Once the Content Place Holder control has the with that I want, I don't
>> want
>> it to change even if the browser is resized.
>>
>> Is it possible to accomplish this?

Can't you put a default Panel or div with the properties you want into the
MasterPage, and have the Content control inside it, for the actual page to
"fill in"?

"Rene" wrote:

> Thanks Peter,
>
> I started doing what you suggested and its working nicely, the only thing
> that I don't like is that I have to basically use a Panel or Div on every
> single page that uses the master page, this seems to defeat the purpose of
> the master page.
>
> If I was able to resize and set some properties (alignment, back color etc)
> on the ContentPlaceHolder control, then I wouldn't need to add a Panel or
> Div on each of the page that uses the master page, I could simply start
> inserting controls straight up on the page... Oh well, no big deal.
>
> I am still new to ASP so maybe I can do what I want using CSS like you
> suggested and don't have to worry about setting Div or Panel properties ....
> time to research some more.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > As far as I know, ContentPlaceHolder is just that - a placeholder for what
> > you decide to put in it. You determine the size via the CSS properties of
> > the
> > containing DIV or PANEL that you eventually attach to it.
> > Peter
> >
> > --
> > Co-founder, Eggheadcafe.com developer portal:
> > http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> > UnBlog:
> > http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Rene" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a master page where I would like to be able to resize the width of
> >> the ContentPlaceHolder.
> >>
> >> Once the Content Place Holder control has the with that I want, I don't
> >> want
> >> it to change even if the browser is resized.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to accomplish this?

Rene

Good idea but it didn't appear to work, for now its ok, I just want to get
the website done and then tweak it as I learn more about ASP.

Thanks for the help.

"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can't you put a default Panel or div with the properties you want into the
> MasterPage, and have the Content control inside it, for the actual page to
> "fill in"?
> Peter

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> UnBlog:
> http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
>

> "Rene" wrote:
>
>> Thanks Peter,
>>
>> I started doing what you suggested and its working nicely, the only thing
>> that I don't like is that I have to basically use a Panel or Div on every
>> single page that uses the master page, this seems to defeat the purpose
>> of
>> the master page.
>>
>> If I was able to resize and set some properties (alignment, back color
>> etc)
>> on the ContentPlaceHolder control, then I wouldn't need to add a Panel or
>> Div on each of the page that uses the master page, I could simply start
>> inserting controls straight up on the page... Oh well, no big deal.
>>
>> I am still new to ASP so maybe I can do what I want using CSS like you
>> suggested and don't have to worry about setting Div or Panel properties
>> time to research some more.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > As far as I know, ContentPlaceHolder is just that - a placeholder for
>> > what
>> > you decide to put in it. You determine the size via the CSS properties
>> > of
>> > the
>> > containing DIV or PANEL that you eventually attach to it.
>> > Peter
>> >
>> > --
>> > Co-founder, Eggheadcafe.com developer portal:
>> > http://www.eggheadcafe.com
>> > UnBlog:
>> > http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

vijendradudhe@gmail.com vijendradudhe@gmail.com is offline
Junior Member

adasdasd
asd
as
asd
sdasd

asdasdasdasdasd

vijendradudhe@gmail.com vijendradudhe@gmail.com is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E-Mail Removed) View Post
adasdasd
asd
as
asd
sdasd

asdasdasdasdasd
jgghgfhgf11111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111

vijendradudhe@gmail.com vijendradudhe@gmail.com is offline
Junior Member

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

vijendradudhe@gmail.com vijendradudhe@gmail.com is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E-Mail Removed) View Post
jgghgfhgf11111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111

vijendradudhe@gmail.com vijendradudhe@gmail.com is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E-Mail Removed) View Post
ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp