Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Best Codeplex sample for showing best coding practices?

Best Codeplex sample for showing best coding practices?

John Dalberg

I am looking for an ASP.NET application on CodePlex which exemplifies best
practices for the following:

- Use of interfaces
- Seperation of the UI, business and data tiers
- Data Tier that uses Enterprise Libraries data layer (if possible)
- Use of providers (if possible)
- use of factories (if possible)
- use of caching
- Session management
- Anything else of value

Any recommendations?

TIA

John Dalberg

You probably won't find exactly what you are looking for on Codeplex, because
its really for people's joint creations and apps, not for illustrations of
"Best practices".
However, there is an entire section on best practices on MSDN online,
written by Brad Abrams and others, as well as several downloadable "Best
Practices" illustrations. You can also download and look at the Enterprise
Library itself, this has examples.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

"John Dalberg" wrote:

> I am looking for an ASP.NET application on CodePlex which exemplifies best
> practices for the following:
>
> - Use of interfaces
> - Seperation of the UI, business and data tiers
> - Data Tier that uses Enterprise Libraries data layer (if possible)
> - Use of providers (if possible)
> - use of factories (if possible)
> - use of caching
> - Session management
> - Anything else of value
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> TIA
>
> John Dalberg

John Dalberg

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote: You probably won't find exactly
> what you are looking for on Codeplex, because its really for people's
> joint creations and apps, not for illustrations of "Best practices".
> However, there is an entire section on best practices on MSDN online,
> written by Brad Abrams and others, as well as several downloadable "Best
> Practices" illustrations. You can also download and look at the
> Enterprise Library itself, this has examples.
> Peter

It doesn't have to be perfect. An application that comes close is good
enough. I would rather look at an app than read books or web pages.

John Dalberg

samuelhon

Hi John

You could have a look here: