Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Preventing IIS logging webresource.axd requests

Preventing IIS logging webresource.axd requests

James Hawkins

How can I prevent IIS from logging requests to WebResource.axd? I can
use the MMC snap-in to turn off logging per folder / file but, as this
is not an actual file but a "pseudo-file" known only to ASP.NET, I
cannot stop logging requests to it in this manner.

I'm not aware of any way, its either "log or don't log" and a request (no
matter what resource it's for) -- is a request.
What's the goal? Can't you filter your results by using say, the IIS Log
Reader?
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

"James Hawkins" wrote:

> How can I prevent IIS from logging requests to WebResource.axd? I can
> use the MMC snap-in to turn off logging per folder / file but, as this
> is not an actual file but a "pseudo-file" known only to ASP.NET, I
> cannot stop logging requests to it in this manner.

James Hawkins

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:10:02 -0800, Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm not aware of any way, its either "log or don't log" and a request (no
>matter what resource it's for) -- is a request.
>What's the goal? Can't you filter your results by using say, the IIS Log
>Reader?

I guess I can but I never want to see them so I'd rather stop them at
the source.

I did just find a solution, though: you can create a dummy
webresource.axd in the root of the website. In IIS, mark that file
for no-logging. Then ASP.Net ignores the actual file but IIS still
honours the no-logging request.