Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Problem with ATM/IMA

Problem with ATM/IMA

Mimmus

Hi,
I have a 3745 with IOS v.12.3(9) and AIM-ATM module with 4 interfaces.
I know that lines are OK because I tried with another router (a 3600, with
older modules).
Single ATM intergfaces are 'up' but I'm unable to get up IMA interface, as
you can see here:

# sh ima int
Interface ATM0/IMA1 is down
Group index is 17
Ne state is insufficientLinks, failure status is insufficientLinksNe
IMA Group Current Configuration:
Tx/Rx minimum required links 1/1
Maximum allowed diff delay is 50ms, Tx frame length 128
Ne Tx clock mode CTC, configured timing reference link ATM0/0
Test pattern procedure is disabled
IMA Group Total Counters (time elapsed 0 seconds):
0 Tx cells, 0 Rx cells
5 Ne Failures, 2 Fe Failures, 1618 Unavail Secs
IMA link Information:
Link Physical Status NearEnd Rx Status Test Status
---- --------------- ----------------- -----------
ATM0/0 up active disabled
ATM0/1 up active disabled
ATM0/2 up active disabled
ATM0/3 up active disabled

Any help?
This is my conf (only ATM part):

no network-clock-participate slot 1
network-clock-participate wic 0
network-clock-participate wic 1
network-clock-participate aim 1
network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0
controller E1 0/0
mode atm aim 1
!
controller E1 0/1
mode atm aim 1
!
controller E1 0/2
mode atm aim 1
!
controller E1 0/3
mode atm aim 1
interface ATM0/0
no ip address
scrambling-payload
ima-group 1
no atm oversubscribe
no atm auto-configuration
no atm ilmi-keepalive
no atm address-registration
no atm ilmi-enable
!
interface ATM0/1
no ip address
scrambling-payload
ima-group 1
no atm oversubscribe
no atm auto-configuration
no atm ilmi-keepalive
no atm address-registration
no atm ilmi-enable
!
interface ATM0/2
no ip address
scrambling-payload
ima-group 1
no atm oversubscribe
no atm auto-configuration
no atm ilmi-keepalive
no atm address-registration
no atm ilmi-enable
!
interface ATM0/3
no ip address
scrambling-payload
ima-group 1
no atm oversubscribe
no atm auto-configuration
no atm ilmi-keepalive
no atm address-registration
no atm ilmi-enable
!
interface ATM0/IMA1
no ip address
ima differential-delay-maximum 50
no atm oversubscribe
no atm auto-configuration
no atm ilmi-keepalive
no atm address-registration
no atm ilmi-enable
!
interface ATM0/IMA1.1 point-to-point
bandwidth 8192
ip address 192.168.110.9 255.255.255.252
ip ospf cost 1000
pvc 10/100
protocol ip 192.168.110.10 broadcast
ubr 7680
!

Thanks in advance
Mimmus

thrill5

Here is a config that I have working using IMA T1 cards between a 7206 and a
3640...

no interface atm0/ima1.1

interface atm0/ima1
atm auto-configuration
no atm ilmi-keepalive
atm address-registration
atm ilmi-enable
atm uni-version 4.0
ip split-horizon
ip address 192.168.110.9 255.255.255.252
ip ospf cost 1000

pvc 0/5 qsaal
pvc 0/16 ilmi

pvc 10/100
protocol ip inarp
broadcast
vbr-nrt 8000 8000 1

The problem is that you need to define a pvc for qsaal (ATM Adaption Layer)
and ILMI. I think you need to use these specific pvcs for those services.
Without aal and ILMI, the ATM layer never comes up and this is why you get
the error "insufficient links"; the links are up, but the ATM layer is not.
I think you need to turn on

atm auto-configuration
atm ilmi-keepalive
atm address-registration
atm ilmi-enable

on each of your E1's as well. Only put a bandwidth statement under the IMA
interface if you don't want this value to be dynamically calculated. As E1
go up and down, the bandwidth value will change.

That should do the trick...

Scott

"Mimmus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:laXZd.16666$(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
> 5 Ne Failures, 2 Fe Failures, 1618 Unavail Secs
> IMA link Information:
> Link Physical Status NearEnd Rx Status Test Status
> ---- --------------- ----------------- -----------
> ATM0/0 up active disabled
> ATM0/1 up active disabled
> ATM0/2 up active disabled
> ATM0/3 up active disabled
>
> Any help?
> This is my conf (only ATM part):
>
> no network-clock-participate slot 1
> network-clock-participate wic 0
> network-clock-participate wic 1
> network-clock-participate aim 1
> network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0
> controller E1 0/0
> mode atm aim 1
> !
> controller E1 0/1
> mode atm aim 1
> !
> controller E1 0/2
> mode atm aim 1
> !
> controller E1 0/3
> mode atm aim 1
> interface ATM0/0
> no ip address
> scrambling-payload
> ima-group 1
> no atm oversubscribe
> no atm auto-configuration
> no atm ilmi-keepalive
> no atm address-registration
> no atm ilmi-enable
> !
> interface ATM0/1
> no ip address
> scrambling-payload
> ima-group 1
> no atm oversubscribe
> no atm auto-configuration
> no atm ilmi-keepalive
> no atm address-registration
> no atm ilmi-enable
> !
> interface ATM0/2
> no ip address
> scrambling-payload
> ima-group 1
> no atm oversubscribe
> no atm auto-configuration
> no atm ilmi-keepalive
> no atm address-registration
> no atm ilmi-enable
> !
> interface ATM0/3
> no ip address
> scrambling-payload
> ima-group 1
> no atm oversubscribe
> no atm auto-configuration
> no atm ilmi-keepalive
> no atm address-registration
> no atm ilmi-enable
> !
> interface ATM0/IMA1
> no ip address
> ima differential-delay-maximum 50
> no atm oversubscribe
> no atm auto-configuration
> no atm ilmi-keepalive
> no atm address-registration
> no atm ilmi-enable
> !
> interface ATM0/IMA1.1 point-to-point
> bandwidth 8192
> ip address 192.168.110.9 255.255.255.252

Mimmus

I will try. Thank you.
But with older module NM-4T1-IMA all this was un-needed.

Mimmus