Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: How to print label on network shared printer in ASP.Net

Re: How to print label on network shared printer in ASP.Net

jeremy Lee

Hi Paul,

Would aapreciate it if you can send the the sample code too. I am stuck
here for weeks, urgently need it by this week.

Thanks.

Jeremy

newbee

Hi Paul,

I am new to ASP.NET and ZPL stuff... Could you be kind enough to show me
some sample codes on how to communicate between ASP.NET with the Zebra
Printer? I am communicating to a 140Xilll printer.

Thank you. I greatly appreciate your help.

Newbie

George Ter-Saakov

Fairly easy.
First you need to add Zebra printer under account ASP.NET is using to be
able to print.

check out this article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184291/en-us
And this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324565/en-us

then in case of Zebra Printer you have 2 choices. You can print label as an
image (which is pretty slow) Or you can print label using ZPL II language
( this is the preferred method).

To print a label with ZPL II language you need to send RAW data to printer.

check out this article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322091

I recently had to do same thing (not from ASP.NET though).

PS: If you are printing labels for FedEx look out for ^MD30 command in their
ZPL II string for label. For whatever reason they put that in and that
command bumps up the darkness to the top what in case burns out the head on
thermal printer like yours. And those heads are expensive - about $300

I end up with the code like this

int iIndex = _sLabel.IndexOf("^MD");

if (iIndex != -1)

_sLabel = _sLabel.Substring(0, iIndex) + "^MD00" + _sLabel.Substring(iIndex
+ 5);

RawPrinterHelper.SendStringToPrinter("ZebISQ", _sLabel);

George.