Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Class Access Restriction

Class Access Restriction

nicksertis@gmail.com

Hi All,

I have a solution which has two assemblies (dll files) which call each
other's classes and methods. This is fine as the public methods are
intended for this use.

I would like to protect some of these methods, as they related to core
data access. Since my assemblies will be used in larger applications by
other developers, I want my code (across my two assemblies) to be the
only code which can access them.

Is there a straightforward way to do this? I have investigated creating
web modules and them compiling them all into one assembly (and also
making the methods "internal") but it is a bit messy so am looking for
a better solution.

It is not feasible to merge all the assemblies into one assembly.

If you have any input on this topic that would be great.

Thanks,

nicksertis@gmail.com

Hi All,

I think I have found a solution. For those of you using .NET 2.0 you'll
be able to make use of a new feature called Friendly Assemblies. It
allows you to give external assemblies access to "internal" methods.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0tke9fxk.aspx

Hope that helps,