Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > simple question - url target

simple question - url target

Shailesh Patel

Hi,
In old ASP days where one used to use html frame and clicking link in one
frame calls that url page and displays in another frame.
Same thing, how can I do in aspx pages while using master pages?
I mean, e.g. master page has two contentpalaceholder. On one page I have
link to open some page(htm or aspx) and the target to that link is second
contentplaceholder.

Thank you in advance.

Shailesh Patel.

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

unless you use frames or ajax you can't. the page could use webclient, call
the page and render the html in the content holder.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Shailesh Patel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> In old ASP days where one used to use html frame and clicking link in one
> frame calls that url page and displays in another frame.
> Same thing, how can I do in aspx pages while using master pages?
> I mean, e.g. master page has two contentpalaceholder. On one page I have
> link to open some page(htm or aspx) and the target to that link is second
> contentplaceholder.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Shailesh Patel.

Shailesh Patel

Thank you very much, Bruce.

"bruce barker (sqlwork.com)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> unless you use frames or ajax you can't. the page could use webclient,
> call the page and render the html in the content holder.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>

> "Shailesh Patel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> In old ASP days where one used to use html frame and clicking link in one
>> frame calls that url page and displays in another frame.
>> Same thing, how can I do in aspx pages while using master pages?
>> I mean, e.g. master page has two contentpalaceholder. On one page I have
>> link to open some page(htm or aspx) and the target to that link is second
>> contentplaceholder.
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Shailesh Patel.

seigo

Hi,

You add manage controls inside contentplaceholder:

ASPX:

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"
OnClick="LinkButton1_Click">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton><br />
<asp:contentplaceholder id="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
</asp:contentplaceholder>

CS

protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

ContentPlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(Page.LoadControl( "~/UserControls/WebUserControl.ascx"));
}

Please notice that page will be refreshed. To avoid it you can use AJAX
components.

Alexander Kleshchevnikov
www.klalex.com

"""Shailesh Patel ΠΙΣΑΜ(Α):