Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Stongly-typed DataSet & Relationships

Stongly-typed DataSet & Relationships

Kyle K.

I'll put what I'm trying to accomplish in the context the Northwind
Database.

I have a DataSet defined in my application (NorthwindDataSet), that has
the Customers, Orders, & OrderDetails tables defined within it.

I need to create a new Order record, that has several OrderDetails
records, for a *new* Customer.

What I would like to do is create the required Customers record and all
the OrderDetails records from within the context of the Order and commit
it all as part of a single transaction.

How can I accomplish this? I have not used Strongly-typed DataSets that
much yet and am unfamiliar with how this would work.

Thanks for any help, pointers, etc.

-={ Kyle }=-

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Kyle,

You can only do that by creating your own transaction SQL as SP or just as
code.

Otherwise it is table by table (what I advice you to do, and be aware on the
sequence, related to the dataviewstates.)

Cor

"Kyle K." <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:chs4h.5087$(E-Mail Removed)...