Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > FileUpload Control - OpenFile Dialog default browse location

FileUpload Control - OpenFile Dialog default browse location

=?Utf-8?B?ZGlldGVyIGdyb2JsZXI=?=

Hi there,

I wanted to know if there is a way to specify the default location the
OpenFileDialog shows when the browse button is pressed on the FileUpload
Control. i.e "c:\program files\". I know this can be done for the win forms
version of the dialog box. I understand that is displays the client side
folder structure and not the server, and I know for a fact that the default
location exists.

What I need to do is intergrate my app with SharePoint and I want to use the
OpeFile dialog to filter certain files in a Document Library based on
metadata that is attached to each file 'record'. I can do the filtering
thing in the OpenFile dialog on a win forms based application and it all
works but now I want to replicate this functionality in a web based app.

Thanks in advance

How to theme Browse button of a FileUpload control? yeltsin27@yahoo.co.uk ASP .Net 4 01-28-2012 06:42 PM
My Pictures browse dialog - how to get List View default? Terry Pinnell Computer Support 8 05-07-2008 09:29 PM
FileUpload control browse view =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgUGFnZQ==?= ASP .Net 2 07-19-2007 11:26 AM
openfile dialog vertigo Java 4 05-06-2004 08:54 PM
Prompt user with OpenFile dialog Mr Gordonz ASP .Net 1 08-06-2003 03:36 PM

Advertisments