Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Remove Class Library Reference from BIN folder

Remove Class Library Reference from BIN folder

ThazKool

No matter what I do the external class library DLL is added back to the
bin folder. I have tried to remove this on the server, in vss, and in
the "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folders to no avail. Can anyone help?

sloan

That's the way it works dude.

All referenced assemblies (dll's) are copied to the bin directory.

This is what allows a "copy and deploy" ability.

And writing another post ......
(which would be in addition to this one and the Wednesday, November 08, 2006
8:57 AM post)
isn't going to change that.

You can check this
http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/10045/1945?pf=true
link, and start a path to understanding how dotNet apps get deployed.

"ThazKool" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> No matter what I do the external class library DLL is added back to the
> bin folder. I have tried to remove this on the server, in vss, and in
> the "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folders to no avail. Can anyone help?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

you have a reference to the dll as a page directive, or in the web config.
remove the reference, and the compiler will stop copying it as instructed.

-- bruce (sqlworkcom)

"ThazKool" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> No matter what I do the external class library DLL is added back to the
> bin folder. I have tried to remove this on the server, in vss, and in
> the "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folders to no avail. Can anyone help?

ThazKool

The answer is: Since a web application may be deployed remotely, the
DLL dependencies are added to the bin folder. The problem is that I
don't want the website to access the Legacy or DataLayer DLLs directly.
However, they are added since they are dependencies. The only
solution is to not make the classes in the assemblies public and set
only a few specific friend assemblies... like the Business Logic or
Object Model layers.