Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Create subdomain

Reply
Thread Tools

Create subdomain

 
 
Roshawn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2006
Hi,

I'm attempting to create a web application and I'd like to use
subdomains (my hosting provider allows this). However, I have a few
questions regarding subdomains and ASP.NET:

1. How do I create a subdomain on my local machine (e.g.
http://xxxxx.localhost/), if it's possible.
2. If I chose to use master pages in this application, would they
work as expected?
3. Does url mapping work with subdomains in ASP.NET?

Thanks,
Roshawn
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Michael Schwarz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2006
Hi,

1) you can do this with the Host Header information only on Windows 2000 or
2003, with XP it is not possible to run more then one IIS web site.



--
Best regards | Schöne Grüße
Michael

Microsoft MVP - Most Valuable Professional
Microsoft MCAD - Certified Application Developer

http://weblogs.asp.net/mschwarz/
http://www.ajaxpro.info/




"Roshawn" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:e5a%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to create a web application and I'd like to use subdomains
> (my hosting provider allows this). However, I have a few questions
> regarding subdomains and ASP.NET:
>
> 1. How do I create a subdomain on my local machine (e.g.
> http://xxxxx.localhost/), if it's possible.
> 2. If I chose to use master pages in this application, would they
> work as expected?
> 3. Does url mapping work with subdomains in ASP.NET?
>
> Thanks,
> Roshawn



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roshawn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2006
Michael Schwarz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) you can do this with the Host Header information only on Windows 2000 or
> 2003, with XP it is not possible to run more then one IIS web site.
>
>
>
>

Thanks Michael for the tip. I was completely unaware of this issue.

But suppose I tried this to accomplish the same thing with the built-in
web server that comes with VWD Express. Would it work then?

Thanks,
Roshawn
 
Reply With Quote
 
Michael Schwarz [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2006
No, with the internal one it is not possible, too.


--
Best regards | Schöne Grüße
Michael

Microsoft MVP - Most Valuable Professional
Microsoft MCAD - Certified Application Developer

http://weblogs.asp.net/mschwarz/
http://www.ajaxpro.info/

"Roshawn" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Michael Schwarz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1) you can do this with the Host Header information only on Windows 2000
>> or 2003, with XP it is not possible to run more then one IIS web site.
>>
>>
>>
>>

> Thanks Michael for the tip. I was completely unaware of this issue.
>
> But suppose I tried this to accomplish the same thing with the built-in
> web server that comes with VWD Express. Would it work then?
>
> Thanks,
> Roshawn



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to create virtual subdomain in asp.net c# by http handlers. saurabhm Software 0 10-13-2009 09:56 AM
across subdomain authentication failed on one subdomain while workingon other one saify ASP .Net Security 0 09-28-2009 07:27 AM
ASP/ASP.NET page that reacts a special way to items coming from a particular subdomain (programmatically testing subdomain?) Ken Fine ASP .Net 3 02-29-2008 05:35 AM
How to create a SubDomain Tina ASP .Net 12 11-12-2007 04:36 PM
blocking subdomain cookies jb Firefox 1 06-23-2005 07:49 PM



Advertisments