Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 802.1x domain computer account authentication

802.1x domain computer account authentication

jo

Hi,

Is it possible to configure 802.1x authentication using IAS as the radius
server against an NT4 Domain controller.

All of the examples I have seen are all using AD with a CA hosted on a
windows 2000 or 2003 server.

I have an NT4 domain, and need to set up 802.1x using the computer accounts
for authentication - is this possible, has anyone done this recently? Do I
NEED a windows 2000/3 domain structure?

Cheers!
Jo

Uli Link

jo schrieb:

> Is it possible to configure 802.1x authentication using IAS as the radius
> server against an NT4 Domain controller.

AFAIK: No. But you can try on a W2k server configured as a domain
controller in domain mode.

> All of the examples I have seen are all using AD with a CA hosted on a
> windows 2000 or 2003 server.

Yes.

> I have an NT4 domain, and need to set up 802.1x using the computer accounts
> for authentication - is this possible, has anyone done this recently? Do I
> NEED a windows 2000/3 domain structure?

Take a look at a better RADIUS. Funk Software's Odyssee Server is great
and simple for WLAN only use. Can authenticate against a NT4 domain.

--
Uli

These opinions are mine. All found typos are yours.

jo

I am looking at 802.1x for a wired network. Do you know if I can do what I
want using IAS and CA on a windows 2000 server, against an NT4 domain?

news:423600e8$0$26546$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...