Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Authentication Q - Cant use basic or windows

Authentication Q - Cant use basic or windows

arun.hallan@gmail.com

Hi,

I'm having problems with authentication.
I have a set of users that are allowed to use a webpage. They are in
domain A.
My goal is to get the username of these users and then check them
against my list.

The webpage is hosted under a username in domain B.
I cannot change any settings on the domains.

This means that i cant use windows authentication because of the
different domains.

I've tried to use basic authentication, but then a secondary function
that the webpage fires off doesnt work for some reason (i havent found
out why because i cant debug in my VS under basic auth!).

Is there anyway else to do it?
At the moment the authentication is set to anonymous but the username
is set to the same username the webpage is hosted under.

Thanks

Jeff Dillon

Set the domains as trusted. And for the problem function, show the code

Jeff

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems with authentication.
> I have a set of users that are allowed to use a webpage. They are in
> domain A.
> My goal is to get the username of these users and then check them
> against my list.
>
> The webpage is hosted under a username in domain B.
> I cannot change any settings on the domains.
>
> This means that i cant use windows authentication because of the
> different domains.
>
> I've tried to use basic authentication, but then a secondary function
> that the webpage fires off doesnt work for some reason (i havent found
> out why because i cant debug in my VS under basic auth!).
>
> Is there anyway else to do it?
> At the moment the authentication is set to anonymous but the username
> is set to the same username the webpage is hosted under.
>
> Thanks

arun.hallan@gmail.com

I can't change the domains, im not an admin and there are too many
users to warrant that change.

As for the problem function - the problem is that i cant send out
messages to Tibco Rendezvous. The function works ok usually.

Jeff Dillon wrote:
> Set the domains as trusted. And for the problem function, show the code
>
> Jeff
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having problems with authentication.
> > I have a set of users that are allowed to use a webpage. They are in
> > domain A.
> > My goal is to get the username of these users and then check them
> > against my list.
> >
> > The webpage is hosted under a username in domain B.
> > I cannot change any settings on the domains.
> >
> > This means that i cant use windows authentication because of the
> > different domains.
> >
> > I've tried to use basic authentication, but then a secondary function
> > that the webpage fires off doesnt work for some reason (i havent found
> > out why because i cant debug in my VS under basic auth!).
> >
> > Is there anyway else to do it?
> > At the moment the authentication is set to anonymous but the username
> > is set to the same username the webpage is hosted under.
> >
> > Thanks

Jeff Dillon

What the heck is Tibco? Do you get an error?? Etc etc etc

I didn't say change the domains. You are responsible for this website? Then
ask if the domains can be trusted. Have you tried?

Without seeing your code you are wasting our time