Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > difficulty to access a mapped network drive

difficulty to access a mapped network drive

=?Utf-8?B?UGl5dXNoIFRyaXZlZGk=?=

I am experiencing difficulty to access a mapped network drive in an ASP.NET
application.

While using the .Net framework v 1.1 implementation of
System.IO.Directory.Exists() to check if the directory is exists and then
create the directory if not exists, but it fails to recognize a mapped
network drive.

I have set also set the <identity impersonate="true" />.
Because I need to check the Map folder of the Logged in user.

When I run the web Application from My Local machine then it is working with
only my user name. But if if any one else try to access the same web
application from there machine then it is giving Error :- Access to the path
"-----" is denied.

Do I need to change any setting in IIS. I have remove the Check from
Anonymous Access for the Web Application.

Please Help me to solve this... Thanks

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

you are hitting the one hop rule. in order to access a network resource
(like a share), asp.net can not impersonate the client using windows
autheication, you must unless use use kerberos or basic.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...