Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Conditional NAT

Conditional NAT

DigitalVinyl

Is is possbile to NAT on a PIX only when traffic is heading for a
specific destination?

We have a specific addressing issue cause of valid Internet address
ranges being used inside and out. If when I send traffic to this one
device I could nat stuff it would solve a routing issue on the way
back.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
DigitalVinyl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Is is possbile to NAT on a PIX only when traffic is heading for a
:specific destination?

Yes.

:We have a specific addressing issue cause of valid Internet address
:ranges being used inside and out. If when I send traffic to this one
:device I could nat stuff it would solve a routing issue on the way
:back.

Look for 'policy nat', which is new in 6.3(2) or so. Quick summary:
create an access list and

nat (inside) ID access-list ACLNAME
global (outside) ID OUTSIDEIP