Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Database remote access: password

Database remote access: password

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQ=?=

I want to write program to remotely accesss to the database in SQL Server
under Windows 2000 server.

Which password should I use? password for database or password for Windows
2000 server? or something else?

When I use the password for my account in 2000 server (it allow me to access
to database locally), it doesn't work.

Thank you for any help.

David

Eliyahu Goldin

David,

Although it is possible to setup Windows authentication for remote database
access, it is much easier to use SQL one.

Find details here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...SecNetch12.asp

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

"david" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to write program to remotely accesss to the database in SQL Server
> under Windows 2000 server.
>
> Which password should I use? password for database or password for Windows
> 2000 server? or something else?
>
> When I use the password for my account in 2000 server (it allow me to
> access
> to database locally), it doesn't work.
>
> Thank you for any help.
>
> David