Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Login Controls - Force user to change password at next login

Login Controls - Force user to change password at next login

pj

I'm using asp.net 2.0 login controls, When a user forgets a password,
they are sent an email with the new password. Two questions....

1) how do I format the password that is being created to be only
letters and numbers? Not something like "e%QtT6.Eja%XNG"

2) how do I redirect users to a change password page, next time they
login with the new password sent to them via email?

thanks is advance for any assitance,

pj,
mcdba, mcp

=?Utf-8?B?QW1lZXQgUGhhZG5pcyhlIFRlayBHbG9iYWwgSW5jLik=?=

Check if the following link helps you out -

http://www.123aspx.com/redir.aspx?res=34519

Most of the changes can be done in the Web.Config file itself.

Thanks,
--
Ameet Phadnis
Sr. Technical Consultant

"pj" wrote:

> I'm using asp.net 2.0 login controls, When a user forgets a password,
> they are sent an email with the new password. Two questions....
>
> 1) how do I format the password that is being created to be only
> letters and numbers? Not something like "e%QtT6.Eja%XNG"
>
> 2) how do I redirect users to a change password page, next time they
> login with the new password sent to them via email?
>
> thanks is advance for any assitance,
>
> pj,
> mcdba, mcp

pj

OK, I can follow that article, but still: