Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > image button as a back button

image button as a back button

Chicagoboy27

Seems like and easy question but I am running into problems getting it
to work. I have a form where users enter search criteria and then
displays results based on the search. I am wondering how can you create
an image button that acts like a back button. like the browser back
button. I have tried the usual things like

onClientClick = Javascript:history.back()

any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

apathetic

Chicagoboy27 wrote:
> onClientClick = Javascript:history.back()

Try something like this in your onClickClick:

window.history.back(); return false;

There is no need for javascript: at the beginning, and the return false
prevents the usual button click behaviour from firing.

apathetic

Chicagoboy27

Thank you that seemed to do the trick.... Thanks again....