Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Add Window control library to web page

Add Window control library to web page

=?Utf-8?B?Uks=?=

I have a window control library with a user control abd I need to add this
dll to the aspx web pag.
How can I do this.
Thanks,
RK

Eliyahu Goldin

A window control won't work on a web page. It's another world.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

"RK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a window control library with a user control abd I need to add this
> dll to the aspx web pag.
> How can I do this.
> Thanks,
> RK

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

RK wrote:
> I have a window control library with a user control abd I need to add this
> dll to the aspx web pag.
> How can I do this.
> Thanks,
> RK

Like Eliyahu said, web and win are to different worlds. There is a way,
though, to convert a WinForms control into an ActiveX control, which can
be added to a web page using the normal way (OBJECT tag).

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscct...wincontrol.asp

However, ActiveX technology is questionable (proprietary, unsecure (or
at least perceived as such), disappearing), and I would rather study the
possibility to rewrite a proper web control, for exemple reusing only
the existing control for server-side computations.

HTH,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

=?Utf-8?B?Uks=?=

Thanks Laurent,
What I did is created Window control library and created a User Control in
it.
And then in my web project I added the OBJECT Tag like this:-

Now the problem I am having is that in my web project I have to click the
User control twice. I think first click activates the control, which could be
anywhere in the User Control area (on the web form). And the Second on any
system control (like button) inside the User Control.
How can handle this extra click of activating the User Control.
Thanks,
RK

"Laurent Bugnion" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> RK wrote:
> > I have a window control library with a user control abd I need to add this
> > dll to the aspx web pag.
> > How can I do this.
> > Thanks,
> > RK

> Like Eliyahu said, web and win are to different worlds. There is a way,
> though, to convert a WinForms control into an ActiveX control, which can
> be added to a web page using the normal way (OBJECT tag).
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscct...wincontrol.asp
>
> However, ActiveX technology is questionable (proprietary, unsecure (or
> at least perceived as such), disappearing), and I would rather study the
> possibility to rewrite a proper web control, for exemple reusing only
> the existing control for server-side computations.
>
> HTH,
> Laurent
> --
> Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
> Software engineering: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch
> PhotoAlbum: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch/pictures

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

RK wrote:
> Thanks Laurent,
> What I did is created Window control library and created a User Control in
> it.
> And then in my web project I added the OBJECT Tag like this:-
>
> Now the problem I am having is that in my web project I have to click the
> User control twice. I think first click activates the control, which could be
> anywhere in the User Control area (on the web form). And the Second on any
> system control (like button) inside the User Control.
> How can handle this extra click of activating the User Control.
> Thanks,
> RK

You cannot. It's an ActiveX security measure introduced in a recent
security update of IE.

HTH,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

=?Utf-8?B?Uks=?=

No other way to achevie this functionality apart from the <OBJECT> Tag

Thanks,
RK