Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Simple Web Form

Simple Web Form

John Rivers

Hi

I am new to ASP.NET and I am trying to create a very simple form

with one TextBox and one Button

which will update one record

The TextBox is data bound to: "select top 1 value from table"

I am using SqlDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet) and TextBox.DataBind()

I have setup the SqlDataAdapter UpdateCommand

what do I do next?

John

Have your code update the changed value from the databound TextBox into the
corresponding DataRow of your datasource, and pass it into the
SqlDataAdapter's Update method.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

"John Rivers" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to ASP.NET and I am trying to create a very simple form
>
> with one TextBox and one Button
>
> which will update one record
>
> The TextBox is data bound to: "select top 1 value from table"
>
> I am using SqlDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet) and TextBox.DataBind()
>
> I have setup the SqlDataAdapter UpdateCommand
>
> what do I do next?
>
> John

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

textbox do not support 2-way databinding. they must be in a control that
does, say the DetailView or FormView classes.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...