Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET 2.0 Application: Tracking clicks on banners in a generic way?

ASP.NET 2.0 Application: Tracking clicks on banners in a generic way?

Jimmy

In the asp.net application I develop, we need to provide the marketing
department with the ability to insert small JavaScript code snippets
into predefined content areas on several pages. This code is supplied
from 3rd parties and may display banners, links and do various other
things. So far so good.

What I need is to track the clicks for each such banner in a generic
way. That is, whatever JS provided has to run inside some control (or
something else) which intercepts a click event and calls a web service
or whatever needed for tracking needs. Here I got lost and I'm looking
for a solution.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Jimmy

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The JavaScript is client side, so you are stuck on generic implementations.
It will go where it goes. You can alter the JavaScript to go to your server
and then forward to the page requested, if you would like, but that might a
big job.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA