Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Html tags vs web server tag controls

Html tags vs web server tag controls

=?Utf-8?B?Z3JlYXRkYW5l?=

I have written a web form and in it I have asp:datagrid, asp:textboxes
tag withing the asp:textboxe properties to align the controls.
The form looks great in the browser. I have been told that I need the html
controls
form will not display properly.
What do you suggest?

=?Utf-8?B?RGFsZQ==?=

Standard HTML controls should be a significant part of your repertoire:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...enControls.asp

HTH

Dale
--
Dale Preston
MCAD C#

"greatdane" wrote:

> I have written a web form and in it I have asp:datagrid, asp:textboxes
> tag withing the asp:textboxe properties to align the controls.
> The form looks great in the browser. I have been told that I need the html
> controls
> form will not display properly.
> What do you suggest?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

to see the problem with your current approach. do the following. under
desktop properties, apperance, change font size to large, and view your
page. displaying your page a computer with a monitor with a different
resolution can cause the same issue.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"greatdane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have written a web form and in it I have asp:datagrid, asp:textboxes
> tag withing the asp:textboxe properties to align the controls.
> The form looks great in the browser. I have been told that I need the
> html
> controls
> form will not display properly.
> What do you suggest?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Some people like tables, some people don't.
While they are a convenient way to structure layouts, they can also cause
accessibility problems such as confusing screen readers about which order
the content should be read. For this reason some web sites try to avoid
tables and align the controls in the ways you have done.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr