Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > need help on using word docs in asp.net

need help on using word docs in asp.net

=?Utf-8?B?QVZM?=

Hi,
I've a requirement in which I need to show a word document in the web page,
allow the user to edit the document and then save the document ina
particular location, How can I acheive in asp.net 1.1? need guidance....

Greg

Depends on the source of the Word doc. If it is just a doc file
sitting on the server, then just provide the link to the file, <a
href="tmp.doc", target="_blank">Word Doc</a> for the user to click on
which will open the Word doc in a new window of the browser.

If your doc is stored in a database, then you could stream it out to
the browser which would also open it the browser. Either way, the user
will have the ability to edit the doc and save to any available
location.

Hope this helps.