Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > web.config tools

web.config tools

Jon Paal

any free web.config tools available ?

VWD doesn't count as it does not offer any wizards or hints for web.config files.

=?Utf-8?B?SGFsY3lvbg==?=

not sure exactly what kinda tool your looking for or what your trying to
achieve, but this video clip has some tips and tricks:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...tips_final.wmv

also, if you do a properties on the website or virtual directory (whatever
the root of the web.config file is) and .NET tab, there is a global
configuration tab that can edit the properties of the web.config file.

--
The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds

"Jon Paal" wrote:

> any free web.config tools available ?
>
> VWD doesn't count as it does not offer any wizards or hints for web.config files.

David R. Longnecker

I'm assuming the 2.0 "Web Site Administration Tool" isn't what you're referring
to as a tool; however, for a graphical interface, isn't too shabby. The
IIS interface (ASP.NET tab) is also pretty functional for editing if you're
unfamiliar with the syntax.

What are you looking for the tool to do? It's hard to recommend a tool without
knowing the task.

-dl

--
David Longnecker
Web Developer

> any free web.config tools available ?
>
> VWD doesn't count as it does not offer any wizards or hints for
> web.config files.

Jon Paal

thanks to all --

I just want to open a file and edit it with a smart tool.

I will use the ASP.NET tab tool from IIS, since it appears to be the only viable tool available.
but it would be nice if MS had a wizard for this sort of thing ...

"Web Site Administration Tool" is of no value from what I can see...