Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dealing with caching in master/content pages with a treeview control when the user clicks the Back button

Dealing with caching in master/content pages with a treeview control when the user clicks the Back button

BillE

PROBLEM SUMMARY --

I use "Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HTTPCacheability.N oCache)" to force a
page to reload instead of displaying cached content. However, I don't
really want to reload the page since the data may still be inconsistent, if
the page was called from a url and based on values in a querystring.

I'm using VS 2005, VB.NET.

DETAILS --

I am using a Master page with a treeview control in the master page.

The treeview control displays Order dates for the current customer. The
node value is the Order ID primary key. When an Order Date is clicked, the
treeview_SelectedNodeChanged event fires and uses Response.Redirect to an
Order Details content page which displays order details. The Order ID is
included in the query string, and the Order Details content page retrieves
the Order Id from the query string.

However, the user uses a search form to move to a different customer
altogether. If they then press the Back Button the Order Details will be
displayed for the previous customer, since it is loaded using the Order ID
from the response.redirect from the treeview control.

How can I prevent this?

Sorry I couldn't describe this problem more clearly. I hope there is a
solution.

Thanks
Bill