Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Need suggestions on Online Appointments/Calendar

Need suggestions on Online Appointments/Calendar

VB Programmer

Here's the scenario: 3 different pcs in a doctors office. 2 doctors with 2
seperate appointment calendars. All 3 pcs need to be able to see, real
time, both doctors calendars and add, remove, edit appointments.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

I was thinking of a web based solution where all appointments are kept on 1
pc using outlook. This pc auto-publishes the current calendar regularly to
a website. When users add, edit, delete appointments, thru an ASP.NET
website, an appointment is emailed to this pc. The appt is "saved" and then
the publish is done again, to update the online calendar. Is this a better
way that you see to do this? This doesn't seem like the best or most
efficient solution.

Just would appreciate your ideas. There's alot of bright people in this
group.

Thanks!

Juan T. Llibre

Wire the PCs into a small network, use a single database,
and query the database for the individual doctor's appointments.

re:
>This doesn't seem like the best or most efficient solution.

It's not. It's unnecessarily complicated.

A simple desktop or web app which all the PCs can see, by virtue of being
connected to each other, is a far better solution which doesn't need synchronizing,
emailing appointments nor daisy-chain updating.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
news:(E-Mail Removed)...