Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Using loops <TD><%= Response.write("Data")%> </TD>...

Using loops <TD><%= Response.write("Data")%> </TD>...

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuaXNoIFNhd2ppYW5p?=

Dear experts

i have just migrated from asp to asp.net and i am missing the loop for
creating tables. while in asp one could just start a loop anywhere withing <%
%> is this out of style in the .Net Scenario?

Thanks
Manish

--
Three Cheers to Technet for the Help!

Bruno Alexandre

no need to creat tables, GridView does that for you

I moved from ASP to ASP.NET 2.0 in the begining of April 2006, and I don't
want anything else.

www.gridviewguy.com | http://videos.gridviewguy.com/ |
www.4guysfromrolla.com | and a lot more

read about DataSet and DataTables, they are "my best friends"

--

Bruno Alexandre
KÝbenhavn, Danmark

"a Portuguese in Denmark"

Blog. http://balexandre.blogspot.com/
Photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/balexandre/

"Manish Sawjiani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear experts
>
> i have just migrated from asp to asp.net and i am missing the loop for
> creating tables. while in asp one could just start a loop anywhere withing
> <%
> %> is this out of style in the .Net Scenario?
>
> Thanks
> Manish
>
> --
> Three Cheers to Technet for the Help!

Karl Seguin [MVP]

It's totally different in ASP.NET (thankfully).

There's a more or less good example at:
http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/aspnet_repeater.asp

Karl

--
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://www.codebetter.com/

"Manish Sawjiani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear experts
>
> i have just migrated from asp to asp.net and i am missing the loop for
> creating tables. while in asp one could just start a loop anywhere withing
> <%
> %> is this out of style in the .Net Scenario?
>
> Thanks
> Manish
>
> --
> Three Cheers to Technet for the Help!

sloan

Abort, Abort, Abort!

In 1.1, use a datagrid, datalist or a repeater. DataGrid is the easiest,
Repeater gives the most flexibility.

In 2.0, Use a GridView or Repeater.

Response.Write "<this>", Response.Write "<that>" is largely never used.