Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Setting Div Width with % doesn't work in Content Page

Setting Div Width with % doesn't work in Content Page

Brian Sabolik

I am trying to set the width of the content page in a master - content site.
If I set it to pixels it works fine, if I set it to a percentage, the
content page automatically grows much larger than the browser and I get
horizontal scroll bars at the bottom of the browser. The master page houses
a side bar set at 18% so this content window needs to be around 82% of the
screen size. The div houses a gridview which gets populated and should use
the overflow feature of the div. I don't want to use the pixels because of
different browser resolutions and resizing issues.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Brian Sabolik

This works...
style="VERTICAL-ALIGN:top;OVERFLOW:scroll;width:800px;HEIGHT:175px ;position:relative"
onscroll="MakeItScroll1_ScrollMe();">
This doesn't....
style="VERTICAL-ALIGN:top;OVERFLOW:scroll;width:100%;HEIGHT:175px; position:relative"
onscroll="MakeItScroll1_ScrollMe();">