Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > how to use FCKeditor in ASP.NET 2.0??

how to use FCKeditor in ASP.NET 2.0??

Jeff

Hey

ASP.NET 2.0

lets say I have a web page containing a FCKeditor, when this page loads it
will fill the FCKeditor with some kind of text... I'm wondering how to set
this text in the FCKeditor?

I'm also wondering how to get the text entered in the FCKedtior. I've tryed
putting a button on the web page, in the event handler I've placed a script
below. But this script don't get teh value in the FCKeditor the string
variable "test" don't get the value of the FCKeditor, it gets the value
"FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor"

{
{

}
{
string test = FCKeditor1.ToString();
}
}

This is the markup of the page I'm having problems with using FCKeditor:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
Inherits="_Default" ValidateRequest="false" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2"
Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor id="FCKeditor1" BasePath="~/FCKeditor/"
runat="server" />
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click"
Text="Button" /></div>
</form>

Any suggestions?

Justin Kadima

FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor youreditor= new
FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor();

and then in order to get it' value in our code use:

String thevalue=youreditor.Value;

> Hey
>
> ASP.NET 2.0
>
> lets say I have a web page containing a FCKeditor, when this page loads it
> will fill the FCKeditor with some kind of text... I'm wondering how to set
> this text in the FCKeditor?
>
> I'm also wondering how to get the text entered in the FCKedtior. I've
> tryed putting a button on the web page, in the event handler I've placed a
> script below. But this script don't get teh value in the FCKeditor the
> string variable "test" don't get the value of the FCKeditor, it gets the
> value "FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor"
>
> public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
> {
> {
>
> }
> protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
> {
> string test = FCKeditor1.ToString();
> }
> }
>
> This is the markup of the page I'm having problems with using FCKeditor:
> <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
> Inherits="_Default" ValidateRequest="false" %>
> <%@ Register TagPrefix="FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2"
> Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" %>

> <head runat="server">
> <title>Untitled Page</title>
> </head>
> <form id="form1" runat="server">
> <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor id="FCKeditor1" BasePath="~/FCKeditor/"
> runat="server" />
> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click"
> Text="Button" /></div>
> </form>
>
> Any suggestions?

Bruno Alexandre

did u tried: http://wiki.fckeditor.net/
here you can see how it works:
http://wiki.fckeditor.net/Developer%...ration/ASP.Net

--

Bruno Alexandre
KÝbenhavn, Danmark

"a portuguese in Denmark"

"Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey
>
> ASP.NET 2.0
>
> lets say I have a web page containing a FCKeditor, when this page loads it
> will fill the FCKeditor with some kind of text... I'm wondering how to set
> this text in the FCKeditor?
>
> I'm also wondering how to get the text entered in the FCKedtior. I've
> tryed putting a button on the web page, in the event handler I've placed a
> script below. But this script don't get teh value in the FCKeditor the
> string variable "test" don't get the value of the FCKeditor, it gets the
> value "FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor"
>
> public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
> {
> {
>
> }
> protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
> {
> string test = FCKeditor1.ToString();
> }
> }
>
> This is the markup of the page I'm having problems with using FCKeditor:
> <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
> Inherits="_Default" ValidateRequest="false" %>
> <%@ Register TagPrefix="FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2"
> Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" %>

> <head runat="server">
> <title>Untitled Page</title>
> </head>
> <form id="form1" runat="server">
> <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor id="FCKeditor1" BasePath="~/FCKeditor/"
> runat="server" />
> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click"
> Text="Button" /></div>
> </form>
>
> Any suggestions?

Jeff

thanks!

"Justin Kadima" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor youreditor= new
> FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor();
>
> and then in order to get it' value in our code use:
>
> String thevalue=youreditor.Value;
>

>> Hey
>>
>> ASP.NET 2.0
>>
>> lets say I have a web page containing a FCKeditor, when this page loads
>> it will fill the FCKeditor with some kind of text... I'm wondering how to
>> set this text in the FCKeditor?
>>
>> I'm also wondering how to get the text entered in the FCKedtior. I've
>> tryed putting a button on the web page, in the event handler I've placed
>> a script below. But this script don't get teh value in the FCKeditor the
>> string variable "test" don't get the value of the FCKeditor, it gets the
>> value "FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor"
>>
>> public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
>> {
>> protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
>> {
>>
>> }
>> protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
>> {
>> string test = FCKeditor1.ToString();
>> }
>> }
>>
>> This is the markup of the page I'm having problems with using FCKeditor:
>> <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
>> Inherits="_Default" ValidateRequest="false" %>
>> <%@ Register TagPrefix="FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2"
>> Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" %>

>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

>> <head runat="server">
>> <title>Untitled Page</title>
>> </head>
>> <form id="form1" runat="server">
>> <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor id="FCKeditor1" BasePath="~/FCKeditor/"
>> runat="server" />
>> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click"
>> Text="Button" /></div>
>> </form>
>>
>> Any suggestions?

Mark Fitzpatrick

Keep something in mind, this may not work with Vista. The FCKeditor relies
(at least when I used it) on an html editing control that came with windows.
Vista won't be including that control as part of the OS so users on Vista
won't see the editing area.

--
Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey
>
> ASP.NET 2.0
>
> lets say I have a web page containing a FCKeditor, when this page loads it
> will fill the FCKeditor with some kind of text... I'm wondering how to set
> this text in the FCKeditor?
>
> I'm also wondering how to get the text entered in the FCKedtior. I've
> tryed putting a button on the web page, in the event handler I've placed a
> script below. But this script don't get teh value in the FCKeditor the
> string variable "test" don't get the value of the FCKeditor, it gets the
> value "FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor"
>
> public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
> {
> {
>
> }
> protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
> {
> string test = FCKeditor1.ToString();
> }
> }
>
> This is the markup of the page I'm having problems with using FCKeditor:
> <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
> Inherits="_Default" ValidateRequest="false" %>
> <%@ Register TagPrefix="FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2"
> Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" %>

> <head runat="server">
> <title>Untitled Page</title>
> </head>
> <form id="form1" runat="server">
> <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor id="FCKeditor1" BasePath="~/FCKeditor/"
> runat="server" />
> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click"
> Text="Button" /></div>
> </form>
>
> Any suggestions?

Justin Kadima

That's a bad news

"Mark Fitzpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Keep something in mind, this may not work with Vista. The FCKeditor relies
> (at least when I used it) on an html editing control that came with
> windows. Vista won't be including that control as part of the OS so users
> on Vista won't see the editing area.
>

> --
> Hope this helps,
> Mark Fitzpatrick
> Former Microsoft FrontPage MVP 199?-2006
>
> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hey
>>
>> ASP.NET 2.0
>>
>> lets say I have a web page containing a FCKeditor, when this page loads
>> it will fill the FCKeditor with some kind of text... I'm wondering how to
>> set this text in the FCKeditor?
>>
>> I'm also wondering how to get the text entered in the FCKedtior. I've
>> tryed putting a button on the web page, in the event handler I've placed
>> a script below. But this script don't get teh value in the FCKeditor the
>> string variable "test" don't get the value of the FCKeditor, it gets the
>> value "FredCK.FCKeditorV2.FCKeditor"
>>
>> public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
>> {
>> protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
>> {
>>
>> }
>> protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
>> {
>> string test = FCKeditor1.ToString();
>> }
>> }
>>
>> This is the markup of the page I'm having problems with using FCKeditor:
>> <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
>> Inherits="_Default" ValidateRequest="false" %>
>> <%@ Register TagPrefix="FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2"
>> Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" %>

>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

>> <head runat="server">
>> <title>Untitled Page</title>
>> </head>
>> <form id="form1" runat="server">
>> <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor id="FCKeditor1" BasePath="~/FCKeditor/"
>> runat="server" />
>> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click"
>> Text="Button" /></div>
>> </form>
>>
>> Any suggestions?

qvo178 qvo178 is offline
Junior Member

Excellent article showing you how to use it here:
w w w.itjungles.com/dropdownlist/how-to-use-fckeditor-in-asp-net-2-0