Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN Concentrator problem..

VPN Concentrator problem..

Dev

Hi
I have configure a Cisco VPN concentrator 3005 for PPTP VPN using local
Authentication. My clients are behind a Microsoft ISA server. The VPN
connection works fine with one client.

Client ---->ISA Server ------>VPN Concentrator.

But if other clients try to login, they fail. I have checked with
concentrator log, it says "connection already established access
denied." All clients are using Microsoft Dialup Connection for
connecting VPN box.

How can I make it work??
Do I have to do somthing with NAT???

~/Dev

Town Dummy

Most likely yes it is a nat problem. Because you didn't explain enough this
is a guess.

The MS ISA server is really nothing more than a piece of tin that keeps
everything from working right. If you want your clients on the inside to go
out through the ISA server then you will set their default route to go out
that way and use that nat addressing scheme. If you want your incoming
clients to come in through the concentrator then you will need to setup a
different default gateway for them and also, you will to setup a different
network and route to that network only on the inside.

"Dev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi
> I have configure a Cisco VPN concentrator 3005 for PPTP VPN using local
> Authentication. My clients are behind a Microsoft ISA server. The VPN
> connection works fine with one client.
>
> Client ---->ISA Server ------>VPN Concentrator.
>

> But if other clients try to login, they fail. I have checked with
> concentrator log, it says "connection already established access
> denied." All clients are using Microsoft Dialup Connection for
> connecting VPN box.
>
> How can I make it work??
> Do I have to do somthing with NAT???
>
> ~/Dev

ESM

I'd move the concentrator outside of ISA. Put the Concentrators external
interface on a switch with ISA's external interface and your edge router.