Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to programatically "Recover password" in ASP.Net login control

How to programatically "Recover password" in ASP.Net login control

=?Utf-8?B?T2Zlcg==?=

Hi,

We use the ASP.net loginControls and the DB schema.
How to programmatically activate the "PasswordRecovery" of a specific
end-user when a user clicks my web application's button?
I need to send a specific user an email with a new "reset" password.

I thought of including an invisible PasswordRecovery Control and initialize
the "User Name" field.
PasswordRecovery1.UserName = "zako";
PasswordRecovery1.Visible = false;
But how to simulate a "click" of the PasswordRecovery control's "Submit"
button?

Thanks!

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

How far are you taking this? To the point of sending the email, or are you
taking over that?

Resetting the password is done on the MembershipUser object, so if you send
the email, you can use that. To go any deeper, you will likely have to
inherit from the class and override the methods.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!
"Ofer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> We use the ASP.net loginControls and the DB schema.
> How to programmatically activate the "PasswordRecovery" of a specific
> end-user when a user clicks my web application's button?
> I need to send a specific user an email with a new "reset" password.
>
> I thought of including an invisible PasswordRecovery Control and
> initialize
> the "User Name" field.
> PasswordRecovery1.UserName = "zako";
> PasswordRecovery1.Visible = false;
> But how to simulate a "click" of the PasswordRecovery control's "Submit"
> button?
>
> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?T2Zlcg==?=

Hi,

I need to programatically reset an end-user's password from the server side.

I have another question now -
How can my server app reset a password in a different membership provider
than the one my server app is using?

Thanks!