Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > fair-queue and MLPPP interfaces

fair-queue and MLPPP interfaces

Bill F

I just tried to configure the serial ints in a ppp multilink group for
fair-queue. I had to first turn off ppp multilink on each ser int to
configure fair-queue. Then when I re-enable ppp multilink on the int
the config once again showed no fair-queue. I was however able to
configure the multilink int for fair-queue. Does the multilink int
queue cfg override the individual ser int members? It kind of makes
sense that it would as I know you apply service-policy command to the
multilink int as opposed to the physical ints, but, I'm just curious
why it won't allow the physical ints to be configured for fair-queue at
the same time.

This router is running c3640-i-mz.121-1.T.bin

It will soon be upgraded to the latest 12.2 GD image if that has any
bearing on this.

thanks

Aaron Leonard

~
~ This router is running c3640-i-mz.121-1.T.bin
~
~ It will soon be upgraded to the latest 12.2 GD image if that has any
~ bearing on this.
~
~ thanks

MLPPP can't fair-queue to its member links because MLPPP is required
to deliver its frames in sequence. Apply your fancy queueing (which
may or may not work depending) to the bundle not to the members.

Aaron