Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > VStudio 2005 \ SQL Express DB

VStudio 2005 \ SQL Express DB

Gregg

I'm working to upgrade an ASP web app with a Microsoft
Access 2003 db to ASP.NET v2 with a SQL Express db.
I don't have a lot of experience with SQL Server db's, but
would prefer the new app use that over Access for performance
reasons.

I'd like to be able to import data from XML tables (or some
other data source) to the new db in the project. In the SQL
Server Management Studio, I have this option in other databases
under TASKS. I don't have this option via VStudio, however,
and I can't seem to figure out how to attach to the new SQL
db in the VStudio project (located in App_Data) using the
SQL Management Studio. (I get access denied - Probably
because of the security set on the folders under InetPub...)

I've run the Access Upsizing Wizard to create a new SQL
db with the tables I need, and have done so again to put
the tables in an existing db - But I'm still left scratching my
head as to how I'm supposed to get this same data into the
db attached to the VStudio project. I'd like to be able to
import data on an occasional basis later after the new version
of the app is up and running as well, so I'd really need to
figure this out before continuing.

I have to be missing something. Does this really require
a bunch of code to implement via Visual Studio 2005?
Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

Gregg