Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Replace flash on a Cisco Catalyst 3548 switch

Replace flash on a Cisco Catalyst 3548 switch

Eddy

I can get my hands on a broken catalyst 3548 xl. The post error
indicates a flash problem.
I tried to look for info about replacing the memory on this switch but
can't find anything.
Is this click-and-go memory? What brand and type do I need?

Thanks

Eddy

BradReeseCom

Hi Eddy,

You may want to investigate the Refurbished Cisco Product Guide.

Page 142

Cisco Catalyst 3500 Series XL

Catalyst 3548 XL

Flash Memory 4 MB

http://www.bradreese.com/refurbished...duct-guide.htm

You may also want a Repair Quote for the Catalyst 3548 XL.

No Fix / No Fee

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Certified Network Engineer Jobs
United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/hot-jobs.htm

BradReeseCom

Hi Eddy,

Cisco WS-3548-XL flash memory is on board, soldered.

So it is not order-able.

However, should your unit have a "flash problem" we can definitely fix
it.

Also, Port 2 blinking when the switch is powered on is not a flash
problem.

Please contact Reggie Grant for further assistance:

Reggie Grant
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

Eddy, we appreciate and look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
http://www.BradReese.Com/

Doug McIntyre

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Eddy) writes:
>I can get my hands on a broken catalyst 3548 xl. The post error
>indicates a flash problem.
>I tried to look for info about replacing the memory on this switch but
>can't find anything.
>Is this click-and-go memory? What brand and type do I need?

IIRC, it has the Flash memory soldered onto the motherboard.
Unless you have surface mount solder experience, probably time to
consider a Smartnet contract to get it fixed.

BradReeseCom

The Cisco SMARTnetŪ Pricing Calculator may be helpful:

http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-smartnet.htm

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.ComŪ Cisco Asset Recovery
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-wanted.htm

Connecting Catalyst 3548 XL to 2924XL Problems Adam Block Cisco 3 01-20-2006 08:18 PM
Catalyst 3548 and 3550 Compatability Gary Cisco 1 12-07-2004 05:13 AM
GBIC & a 3548 Switch blw Cisco 3 02-23-2004 10:45 PM
MOD/Banner on Catalyst 3548 twi2ted_pair Cisco 6 10-28-2003 10:06 AM
Reset whole config of a Cisco Catalyst 3548 XL switch Syn Cisco 1 10-17-2003 12:59 PM

Advertisments