Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > login control and membership questions

login control and membership questions

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXM=?=

I've been thinking about adding to my asp.net 2.0 web project (ecommerce) the
use of the membership and login control capability. I've read a lot but still
don't quite understand the practical use. I've read, since I use Sql Server
2005, that it's better to keep the membership data in local app_data, though
you can add it to your existing db. The issue I have is how do I manage the
common tasks of a user's area; to display order history, etc. This is all by
user info (that is logged in). I see the login control use for security but
still am unsure about once you're in the user restricted area combining data
for views? How is the user data stored in the membership table(s)???? I would
need to relate the user info to order history, etc. And since I'm doing an
'open to the public' ecom app, the user can glide allow the order process
without login until the every end.
Should I just manually code this as I have always done? ideas? Thanx.