Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Global.asax application_error for global erro handling

Global.asax application_error for global erro handling

vikram

I want to provide a custom erro handler for my application. henc I decided
to handle all error in Global.asax application_error event and then process
the error respectively.
Is there any problem doing so? I mean using global.asax app_error event to
handle all the error of aplication. as i will not be using try catch any
where in the app...

Thanks

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Sounds like the right approach to me.

Hoepfully you _will_ be using Try/Finally or usings in the app though.

Don't bother catching exceptions unless you can actually HANDLE them. And
centralize your logging/display somewhere, such as application_error.....

You got it right...

karl

--
http://www.openmymind.net/