Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Change ErrorMessage Text Dynamically

Change ErrorMessage Text Dynamically

jdp

Is there a way to change/set the ErrorMessage and/or Text property of
validationcontrols without making a trip to the server? What I have so
far is a usercontrol that inherits from BaseValidator and overrides the
Pre_Render event in which I have javascript code to do validation. I
also override the AddAttributesToRender event to point to my new
validation function. I'm looking to have a central repository of error
messages so each developer doesn't have to figure one out.