Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > datalist and ajax update panel

datalist and ajax update panel

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

hey all,
i saw an update panel example one time where they put a button outside the
update panel and a textbox inside the panel and setup a trigger on the update
panel to update when the button was clicked.

well, i'm trying to do the same thing except with a datalist but i can't get
it to work. i have a link button in my item template of my datalist but i'm
not sure how to setup the trigger. i've tried datalist selectedindexchanged
event and item command event but no luck, am i missing the concept?

thanks,
rodchar

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

if you use ajax, in general you want to use the html controls, or controls
written for the ajax library you are using. updating a datalist with ajax
will be tricky

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"rodchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey all,
> i saw an update panel example one time where they put a button outside the
> update panel and a textbox inside the panel and setup a trigger on the
> update
> panel to update when the button was clicked.
>
> well, i'm trying to do the same thing except with a datalist but i can't
> get
> it to work. i have a link button in my item template of my datalist but
> i'm
> not sure how to setup the trigger. i've tried datalist
> selectedindexchanged
> event and item command event but no luck, am i missing the concept?
>
> thanks,
> rodchar

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

thank you.