Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Config lost after switch turned off

Config lost after switch turned off

Johan

Hello,

I have a Cisco Switch Catalyst 3548XL. Everytime the switch has been
turned off i lose my configuration and it goed back to default
settings. How can i save the config permanently?

Thx,

Johan
The Netherlands

Bjarke Andersen

"Johan" <(E-Mail Removed)> crashed Echelon writing
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> I have a Cisco Switch Catalyst 3548XL. Everytime the switch has been
> turned off i lose my configuration and it goed back to default
> settings. How can i save the config permanently?

wr m

or the old style

copy running-config startup-config

--
Bjarke Andersen
Wanna reply by email? Remove the spammer in address

Brian V

"Johan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have a Cisco Switch Catalyst 3548XL. Everytime the switch has been
> turned off i lose my configuration and it goed back to default
> settings. How can i save the config permanently?
>
> Thx,
>
> Johan
> The Netherlands

If you are doing a wr mem after your config changes you have your config-reg
settings wrong. Post a show ver.

cookies turned off? No. GFRfan Firefox 9 03-02-2005 06:37 PM
cookies turned off? No. GFRfan Firefox 0 02-28-2005 08:41 PM
Tomcat initialising context twice, with autoDeploy turned off Will Java 1 02-17-2005 06:03 PM
"Access is denied" error with Indexing Service turned off =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gQ2FsbA==?= ASP .Net 0 07-13-2004 07:37 PM
Buffering cannot be turned off once it is already turned on. Lord Merlin ASP General 0 04-11-2004 06:04 PM

Advertisments