Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > reserve bandwith for certain ips

reserve bandwith for certain ips

jcharth@hotmail.com

Hello is there a way to reserver bandwith for my mailser and terminal
server on a cisco router.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Hello is there a way to reserver bandwith for my mailser and terminal
:server on a cisco router.

Maybe. It depends on which device you have, which software version,
and which feature set.
--
The Knights Of The Lambda Calculus aren't dead --this is their normal form!

Ivan Ostreš

In article <d0241d$ina$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-
cnrc.gc.ca says...

> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> :Hello is there a way to reserver bandwith for my mailser and terminal
> :server on a cisco router.
>
> Maybe. It depends on which device you have, which software version,
> and which feature set.

And, I would add, direction in which you want to "reserve" bandwidth.

--
-Ivan.

Ben

Ivan Ostreš wrote:
> In article <d0241d$ina$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)-
> cnrc.gc.ca says...
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>:Hello is there a way to reserver bandwith for my mailser and terminal
>>:server on a cisco router.
>>
>>Maybe. It depends on which device you have, which software version,
>>and which feature set.
>>

> And, I would add, direction in which you want to "reserve" bandwidth.

There's also lot's of ways of achieving this, notably with the various
QoS tools.

jcharth@hotmail.com

what about access lists, can i give a higher prioerity to certain
accesslists? I have a 2600 router thanks for all the help