Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > SNMP Traps to Syslog with increased severity

SNMP Traps to Syslog with increased severity

nicholas.schmidt@gmail.com

Does anyone know of a way that SNMP traps can be sent to syslog with an
increase of severity?

SNMP is currently generating traps if I lose a multicast heartbeart, I
would like this information to be sent to my syslog-ng server with a
logging trap of Warning (4).

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Does anyone know of a way that SNMP traps can be sent to syslog with an
>increase of severity?

>SNMP is currently generating traps if I lose a multicast heartbeart, I
>would like this information to be sent to my syslog-ng server with a
>logging trap of Warning (4).

Which device? Software version?

In PIX/ASA you would use logging message ID level LEVEL

But I don't recall PIX ever complaining about multicast heartbeat,
so probably you aren't using PIX.

Port Security & SNMP traps mmm_danone@dsl.pipex.com Cisco 1 05-13-2005 12:46 PM
SNMP traps / SYSLOG documentation Marco Roda Cisco 1 10-12-2004 12:43 PM
Syslog traps JT King Cisco 2 05-06-2004 10:38 PM
sending snmp traps Ross Cisco 0 03-01-2004 01:53 AM
Syslog or SNMP traps? Illusion Cisco 3 11-04-2003 08:30 AM

Advertisments