Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX Port Forwarding

PIX Port Forwarding

david.nuckles@hulanetworks.com

So I am trying to setup traffic so I can access my web server on the
intranet via the external address. I have it setup so both are
forwarding to port 8080. I am assuming it's not possible to recieve
traffic back out of the same interface it is sent to. I currently am
using a PIX 501, can anyone help me with my options. Thanks.

David

Lutz Donnerhacke

* http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am assuming it's not possible to recieve
> traffic back out of the same interface it is sent to.

You are correct.

RC

when you say address do you mean a url name or an actual IP address. For the
actual IP address you're out of luck, but if it's the name you can use an
internal DNS server to point to the internal address.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> So I am trying to setup traffic so I can access my web server on the
> intranet via the external address. I have it setup so both are
> forwarding to port 8080. I am assuming it's not possible to recieve
> traffic back out of the same interface it is sent to. I currently am
> using a PIX 501, can anyone help me with my options. Thanks.
>
> David

Router Port forwarding/port triggering WHAT DO THEY DO? ToyalP2 Computer Support 7 01-07-2008 08:08 AM
Can you do static translation/port forwarding on Nat'ed IP on a PIX? BitBucket Cisco 4 11-03-2003 09:59 PM
port forwarding with a pix and one ip address Grey Samuels Cisco 3 10-29-2003 10:36 PM
Cisco PIX Port Forwarding Salus Cisco 2 10-20-2003 09:58 AM
[HELP] Cisco PIX 515 Port Forwarding Corbin O'Reilly Cisco 4 09-26-2003 08:39 PM

Advertisments