Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX 501 Site-to-Site VPN and Remote Access VPN

PIX 501 Site-to-Site VPN and Remote Access VPN

drhopkins@cox.net

We have a PIX 501 at our main office currently providing remote access
to mobile users. We would like to set up 2, small remote offices with
site-to-site VPN connectivity to the main office. We are planning on
putting 851 routers at each remote office.
Is it possible to establish 2 site-to-site VPNs and continue allowing
remote access to individual VPN clients simultaneously with a PIX 501?
Thank you for any suggestions or advice, Dave.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>We have a PIX 501 at our main office currently providing remote access
>to mobile users. We would like to set up 2, small remote offices with
>site-to-site VPN connectivity to the main office. We are planning on
>putting 851 routers at each remote office.
>Is it possible to establish 2 site-to-site VPNs and continue allowing
>remote access to individual VPN clients simultaneously with a PIX 501?

Yes, not a problem at all.

However, if you want the VPN clients to be able to access the remote
offices, you will encounter configuration difficulties.