Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > AS-5,300 as voice gateway?

AS-5,300 as voice gateway?

Yehavi Bourvine

Hello,

I have an AS-5,300 which has been used for modems access. I would like now to
play a bit with open source PBXes and looking for a PRI gateway. Can I use this
5,300 as-is it has 4 ports PRI card and Mica modems) or do I have to add some
voice card?

Thanks! __Yehavi:

Phil.Schneck@gmail.com

You have to remove the mica modem cards and add a DSPM card(s). Then
you have to purchase a per port voice license from an authorized Cisco
Reseller. One thing to also note is that the AS5300 is an EOL (End of
Life) product and so I caution you on this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...499/index.html

Regards,

Phil Schneck