Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Failover and Load balancing with 1 Cable connection and one T1 connection on Cisco 2801 router

Failover and Load balancing with 1 Cable connection and one T1 connection on Cisco 2801 router

Ranga

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am very very new to
Cisco routing and Cisco equipment, so please be patient with me if I
ask obvious / newbie questions.

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to set up the following
scenario.
1 Cisco router 2801
1 T1 Connection - Internet service provider point to point connection
1 Cable connection - VPN to internet service provider via comcast.

I would like to see if it is possible to setup fail over and if
possible load balancing with the above equipment. I have all the wic
cards installed. All i need to know is how the failover would work and
if its possible seeing as i have static routes.

Please respond with any questions to further clarify and your input. I
really appreciate everyone's patience and input.

Ranga

CK

Which IOS version are you runnning on CISCO Router 2801?

CK

Ranga wrote:
> Hello,
> Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am very very new to
> Cisco routing and Cisco equipment, so please be patient with me if I
> ask obvious / newbie questions.
>
> I am trying to figure out if it is possible to set up the following
> scenario.
> 1 Cisco router 2801
> 1 T1 Connection - Internet service provider point to point connection
> 1 Cable connection - VPN to internet service provider via comcast.
>
> I would like to see if it is possible to setup fail over and if
> possible load balancing with the above equipment. I have all the wic
> cards installed. All i need to know is how the failover would work and
> if its possible seeing as i have static routes.
>
> Please respond with any questions to further clarify and your input. I
> really appreciate everyone's patience and input.
>
> Ranga

Ranga

IOS 12.3

CK wrote:
> Which IOS version are you runnning on CISCO Router 2801?
>

> CK
>

> Ranga wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am very very new to
> > Cisco routing and Cisco equipment, so please be patient with me if I
> > ask obvious / newbie questions.
> >
> > I am trying to figure out if it is possible to set up the following
> > scenario.
> > 1 Cisco router 2801
> > 1 T1 Connection - Internet service provider point to point connection
> > 1 Cable connection - VPN to internet service provider via comcast.
> >
> > I would like to see if it is possible to setup fail over and if
> > possible load balancing with the above equipment. I have all the wic
> > cards installed. All i need to know is how the failover would work and
> > if its possible seeing as i have static routes.
> >
> > Please respond with any questions to further clarify and your input. I
> > really appreciate everyone's patience and input.
> >
> > Ranga

Merv

Assuming the use of static routing, then suggest you take a look at

Reliable Static Routing Backup Using Object Tracking\

http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0801d862d.html

Ranga

Thanks a lot,
I will look into this tonight and let you know if I have further
questions