Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Dot1Q Tunneling and VLAN Translation

Dot1Q Tunneling and VLAN Translation

MayaYajnik

Hello
Is it possible to do VLAN Translation on a VLAN which has dot1q tunnel
ports? I mean that suppose I have a customer facing port,
GigabitEthernet5/1, and I make this a dot1q tunnel port and assign it
to VLAN 200. So now the VLAN 200 carries double tagged frames. I also
have a trunk port called GigabitEthernet6/3, in the same network, which
is a core trunk port which is on VLAN 200. On this port, I want to
translate VLAN 200 to VLAN 300. Is this possible? I am using a Cisco
Catalyst 6509 with IOS 12.2SX
Please send example commands if possible.
Thank you for your help!!!

Maya

pcmccollum@N0SPAMgmail.com

Not sure, but this might help:

http://www.riverstonenet.com/support...ation_w_l2.pdf

Phillip

MayaYajnik wrote:
> Hello
> Is it possible to do VLAN Translation on a VLAN which has dot1q tunnel
> ports? I mean that suppose I have a customer facing port,
> GigabitEthernet5/1, and I make this a dot1q tunnel port and assign it
> to VLAN 200. So now the VLAN 200 carries double tagged frames. I also
> have a trunk port called GigabitEthernet6/3, in the same network, which
> is a core trunk port which is on VLAN 200. On this port, I want to
> translate VLAN 200 to VLAN 300. Is this possible? I am using a Cisco
> Catalyst 6509 with IOS 12.2SX
> Please send example commands if possible.
> Thank you for your help!!!
>
> Maya

VLAN bridging over GRE tunneling Xavier Veral Cisco 6 11-02-2012 09:28 PM
1700 Router - creating a dot1q VLAN subinterface Arthur Brain Cisco 2 07-06-2007 05:55 AM
dot1q vlan question news.sbcglobal.net Cisco 1 03-22-2007 03:27 AM
dot1q tunneling Curtis M. West Cisco 1 05-06-2006 10:40 AM
encapsulation dot1q native keyword and inter-vlan routing problem FeatureBug Cisco 3 09-03-2004 06:49 AM

Advertisments