Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > firewall configuration!

firewall configuration!

solanki.chandrakant@gmail.com

hi guys

is this possible for firewall configuration .. my requirement is like
following way..

1) i want to particular ip on particular subnet mask
2) also want to block particular port on that particular ip with
subnet mask..

is this possible to change without iptables. if yes then how/if no then
how can i deny access to particular ip on particular subnet mark with
given port, and i want to do this all with C program, if is there any
function then plz suggest me.. or help me, how to write program if
there is no any specific function.

Chandrakant

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

>is this possible for firewall configuration .. my requirement is like
>following way..

> 1) i want to particular ip on particular subnet mask

Sorry, your verb "permit" or "deny" was accidently omitted in that line.

> 2) also want to block particular port on that particular ip with
>subnet mask..

>is this possible to change without iptables. if yes then how/if no then
>how can i deny access to particular ip on particular subnet mark with
>given port, and i want to do this all with C program, if is there any
>function then plz suggest me.. or help me, how to write program if
>there is no any specific function.

Your reference to ipchains and a C program has me confused. Are you
trying to affect firewall workings on a Linux system, or are you
trying to affect the configuration of a Cisco PIX or ASA, or are
you trying to affect the configuration ofa Cisco IOS router, or something
else?

If you are not attempting to affect the configuration of Cisco
equipment, then you should probably be asking your question in
comp.security.firewalls rather than comp.dcom.sys.cisco .